Saturday, December 26, 2009

I Hate Blockbuster

You dumb shits, I love Blockbuster. Some fucking morons hate Blockbuster because they don’t know how to return a movie on time. If you hate Blockbuster, tough fucking shit. Having said that, in the old days Blockbuster used to charge outrageous late fees, but those days are over. I mean you’ve got 10 fucking days to return a rental, and pay a restocking fee of $1.25 or something. If you can’t do that maybe you should stick to listening to the radio, or if you can't afford the restocking fee, maybe you should go back to school and learn a skill that will pay enough to pay late fees. It seems to me that Blockbuster bends over backward to please the customer in a cut-throat economy.

And how about a little respect for the employees who are working probably for nothing much above minimum wage—but are at least working and most likely going to college to get a better job. Isn’t that the American way? I get sick of people bitching about the small change when the fucking country is going to hell in a financial hand basket. The thing is these morons don’t give a shit about the country or its people but bitch about a few bucks they lost at Blockbuster. I swear to god Americans are super stupid.

I’m sure Blockbuster is a cheap service-sector employer, but at least they are putting somebody in the community to work unlike FUCKING NETFLIX. I FUCKING HATE NETFLIX. I’ve never run into a Blockbuster popup when searching the Net, but FUCKING NETFLIX pops up a half dozen times a day.

And fucking Netflix doesn’t put anybody in my neighborhood to work. Netflix is worse than Walmart. I know that is fucking hard to believe. I mean Satan wouldn’t have anything to do with Walmart. However, Walmart may put a hundred stores out of business in a community but at least it replaces them with one slave-wages warehouse plantation store. Netflix puts out business the local movie rental stores, like Blockbuster and Hollywood Video, and replaces them with nothing--nada. In that way, Netflix is like Amazon.com, puts stores out of business and economically guts the community.

So I say, all in all, I love Blockbuster because at least it tries to do the right thing in a shitty service economy. Two stores have closed in my area but two are still giving people jobs when Netflix gives them shit nothing.

Before you start bitching about Blockbuster, you might want to think about the Netflix option—nothing but unemployment.